Thursday, August 6, 2009

7 weeks old..

It's so crazy how everything changes so fast. Crew's first month was a little rough, but literally the day he turned 1 month, he completely changed. He went from never really being happy and content, to being a happy, smiley boy the majority of the time. Then when I started thinking that nights were never going to get better, he all of the sudden slept for a seven hour stretch. I had been so scared to put him in his crib since he and Kate share a room, and I didn't want them waking each other up, but I finally did it. Both of them have woke up a few times, but the other one keeps sleeping. I am so happy! He is also learning to put himself to sleep, he has done it a couple nights and for a few naps. It's just nice to know that things are improving. I am so proud of this sweet little boy.
Here are a few pics from the last couple weeks.

Playing with papa after he got home from his week long biking trip to Canada.


Kate helping with his bath

Tammy's family came up on the 24th so we attempted to get a picture with all the grand kids. There are 7 kids age 6 and under. It gets a little crazy with all of them together.


kate loves playing and the Highland splash pad

Crew had a blast too.
Check out this boy's cheeks! (he is definalty a Broadbent) I swear he has doubled in size in the last couple of weeks.
I feel bad I haven't been saying much about Kate lately. She is in such a cute/stinkerish stage. She is talking a lot more and understands so much. I can ask her to go get things for me and throw things away, she is such a good helper. At the same time, she is pretty good at throwing fits. She is still taking gymnastics and has taken up playing the recorder. (she is very good) She absolutely loves to play outside and color. She has a strange obsession with sticking things in between her toes. (hair clips, crayons, etc.) She loves Crew and has to give him kisses every morning and night.

2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Crew is very cute.

I love Kate's hat!

I am so glad the cranky baby syndrome has passed. Sleep is so good... esp. when you don't get any.

ToOdLeS.

Brooke said...

Heidi- i feel so bad I haven't talked to you forever! Crew is so cute. I feel like I have seen him grow, even though it is just through the blog. Kate is getting so big. I am glad things are starting to improve!