Thursday, November 11, 2010

We are still alive and Kate turned 3!

I haven't posted forever and I want to somehow get caught up. I think I am just too impatient for blogger. I always want to show my pictures to my family so fast that I just throw them up on facebook. But of course that does me no good, because I was somewhat using this as my journal and wanted to get it printed someday. Anyway, I might try and play catch up so I can get it printed.
So Kate turned 3 yesterday (November 10th). I really can't believe it. She is such a ball of personality. She is so smart and funny and we still can't believe she is ours. She loves to dance, sing, draw, read, ride her bike, play with crew, and take care fo babies. She says the funniest stuff, knows all of her lowercase and uppercase letters and sounds, counts to 20+, and is starting to write a bunch of letters and she draws the best smiley faces ever. We love her so much!
She is obsessed with Cinderella and has been talking about her Cinderella party for months now, so it finally happened. Here are some pics from the royal celebration....
new slippers from aunt Mindy

all ready for the ball
Cinderella and Prince Charming
the royal family


putting together a giant Cinderella puzzle

getting ready for the feast
dancing at the ball

opening presents

the cake- i have to thank Paul for the fondant work




i love this pic
I knew she would want to dig in to her cake so we did cupcakes for everyone else
she didn't even want to eat a piece, all she wanted was to lick the frosting off


coloring cinda pictures
da girlz
da boyz

6 comments:

ShEiLa said...

How cool is this Cinderella party... Princess Kate? It looks like the most fun ever and your Mommy and Daddy must really love you to give you such a special party. YOU look beautiful as Cinderella Miss Kate!

ToOdLeS.

fauxy said...

That dress you wore is amazing - could it be one of your mother's old dresses? If not, it looks like one of them! Amazing party - you and Paul are nicer than me for dressing up! Very impressive :) Kate is gorgeous!

Kjerstin said...

I love that the whole fam dressed up! ...and I think I remember that dress you're in from our own dress-up days! haha. Fun, you're a good mom!

Shannon said...

You throw the best parties! You guys all look awesome and Kate...what the cutest little Cinderella ever!

grandma zona said...

What a lovely birthday party. The outfits were delightful and Kate and Crew did look like royalty. I feel like we were there. The cake was awesome. You are super parents to give such a great party with so much work. But those cute kids are worth it. Miss all of you. Love, Grandma and Gramps

r+s+a laney said...

What a fun party!! I love her Cinderella outfit.