Saturday, October 11, 2008

11 months old...

So Kate turned 11 months old yesterday. She has been sick now for almost two weeks (a cold, and now croup), so Paul picked her out a new toy today try to make her feel better. It is this little stroller, and she pushes it and walks behind it. It is so cute! We are working on her walking.
(she's trying to make it by the 1 year mark) So anyway, the whole time she has been sick, she has still been a little angel, she sleeps perfect and is still so sweet. Funny story... We took her to the dr. last night, because she had a fever again and her cough was pretty bad. I was worried she wouldn't cough for him, but she did and he said it was defiantly croup. He told us that he would just give her the shot with the medicine, because most babies are not very good medicine takers, and this one is really bitter. I told him to give it a try, because she has liked everything that she has ever tasted. The dr. was kind of shocked but said we could try it. He brought in the syringe and she guzzled it down, and acted like she wanted more. Needless to say, he was very impressed. That is one very nice thing about Kate, she likes any food that we put in her mouth. Lets just hope she stays like that...
I couldn't get her to look at me, but she looks so grown up. And of course she is holding her socks. I tried to take them away for the picture, but she got really mad at me.

Her favorite place. She loves to sit in her little chair and eat snacks. I can't figure out how to get her to only eat one at a time, though. If I put some Cheerios down, she tries to shove them all in her mouth at the same time.
I couple weeks ago, we went on a little getaway to Mesquite and St. George. We stayed with Tammy one night, and Kate and Hazel got in the tub together and rode the horsey together in their matching jammies. It was very cute!

4 comments:

DannyHollie said...

I always have to ask for the shots for my boys- cuz they gag and spit out any medicine I try. You're so lucky! I love the pictures of Kate and her stroller/walker. She is getting so big and beautiful!

Grandpa Cliff said...

It sure is fun being close to Kate and watching her grow. Keep the pictures coming.

The Morales Family said...

It sounds like that coughing stuff is going on!! We all have it here!!Its dumb! But kate is cute as ever!!

Unknown said...

She is such a cutie! I can't beleive she is almost 1! Crazy! I love that quilt you made her. It is beautiful!