Sunday, June 27, 2010

robot party

So this is what we have been up to for the past few weeks, getting ready for the robot party. Well, really it has been on my mind for the past few months, trying to get ideas and everything. Kate has been talking about Crew's robot party forever, and it finally happened. Here are a million pics, so you can feel like you were there. I am used to having all of my family to help, so it definitely was a lot more work than I am used to.

-Invite-
I love Crew-tronic. I laugh every time I see him.


birthday sign

crew waiting for his food at the party



kate in her robot shirt I made for her. I feel bad, I was working on one for Crew, but I didn't end up liking it, so the birthday boy didn't get one.


we had focaccia sandwiches, gear salad (pasta salad with wagon wheel noodles) chips, grapes and robot fuel to drink.

our friends Shannon and Tynelle

After dinner, we got ready for the cake walk. When I went to go get the music, this robot showed up playing Mr. Roboto. All of the kids were scared to death, but it was so worth seeing him dance. I know you are all asking yourselves, who is this robot? From the minute I decided on a robot party for Crew, Paul said he wanted to dress up as a robot, but I never thought it would have turned out this good. He spent so much time on this thing. He has ipod speakers mounted on the front so he could be playing the music and everything. He was quite a hit.



robot fam

crew loved him as you can see
c


poor boy

Dan and Tynelle

Richard and Shannon and fam

Nate & Vanna

crew was more into eating wrapping paper than opening the presents, but he had a lot of helpers.






a bunch of the cute kiddos

crew's robot cake. this was the first time I had to decorate a cake by myself. It's definitely not perfect, but crew didn't mind.

cupcakes for everyone else



getting ready to dive in


i love this picture, it's very intense



I thought he would be a little more aggressive, but he was kind of timid. He ended up loving it though.

kate helping him out




we moved him to his chair to eat some more and he started pulling the funniest faces

cross-eyed

after the cake, we changed him into his new robot jammies to play. I love kate on the side blowing her horn.

our darling birthday boy


that's a wrap


6 comments:

ShEiLa said...

What an adorable party idea... I thought it was so cute and that Daddy played such a huge part in all the fun for the kiddos... so sweet.

I am sure all of your guests had a fantastic time and the food sure looks delish to me.

ToOdLeS.

grandma zona said...

Wow, what a party. Paul looked great, and bet the kids couldn't believe their eyes. Heidi, you did a fantastic job on the cake, food and all. Thanks, for the pics. It was like we were there. Love, Grandma Z

Spencer and Shalynn said...

Darling party! You spent tons of time. :)

The Morales Family said...

So cute Heidi! I love all the pictures! I cant believe he is already One! Happy Birthday Crew!

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

You got a lot of good pics! It was such a fun party!

Kjerstin said...

Love the robot party! Especially the cupcakes! & I can't believe Paul dressed up and even made the costume. So cute. 5 stars!