Tuesday, December 16, 2008

better late than never...

Okay, so I know I am slightly ridiculous when it comes to posting pictures. I just always have too many to chose from and can never decide, so I really apologize, but here goes.

So our Christmas present from my parents this year was a trip to Disneyland with the whole family. I have been wanting to go ever since we got married. I have always loved Disneyland but Paul hadn't been since he was like 8 and didn't remember a thing. We left a couple of days before Thanksgiving and went and stayed and Tammy's new house in Mesquite. We then left to California and were in Disneyland on Thanksgiving Day and the day after. It was so much fun! The lines weren't bad and it was such nice weather, even though it got a little chilly at nights. I couldn't go on all the big rides, but we had so much fun taking Kate on everything. Here are a ton a pics in no particular order.... Oh ya, and of course Kate had to get sick right when we got to Tammy's house, so she looks a little dozy in a lot of the pictures. She was still such a good girl though.

All 17 of us on Thanksgiving Day
thanks mom and dad!


It was all decorated for Christmas, it was quite magical.
(me, with my baby sisters, Heather and Amanda)

We stayed at the Castle Inn. Kate really liked this chair, actually she was probably just really excited to be out of the car.




Before we left Tammy's house we exchanged all of our Christmas gifts. Tammy won't be here for Christmas so we decided it would be more fun to do it when we were all together rather than shipping stuff to each other. Kate got a new book and pj's from aunt tam.



Trying to pull the sword out....We took this same pic probably about 15 years ago, so we had to redo it.
Do we look any different? All I can say is holy bangs...


Kate with cute cousin, Hazel.


All bundled up, riding the train around at night.

Playing around in Toon Town


Our cute little fam on Main Street


Waiting for the Pixar parade to start at California Adventure. It was amazing, Kate loved it!


Eating ice cream on main street


Kate looks like she is really enjoying herself, don't you think?



in a happy daze...


Kate loved seeing the disney characters, she always tried to squeeze their nose.





traditional disneyland pic


My prince charming (wow, I am cheesy)


The Bug's Life 3D movie... I love Kate in her glasses.


sweet little girl was so tired at the end of each night..


watching the Christmas parade, again Kate really enjoyed the parades. We are not usually parade people, but it was so fun to see her get so excited.

On our last day in California, we went down to Huntington Beach to let the kids see the ocean, go shopping and have some lunch at Ruby's on the Pier.



Kate was definately a Ruby's fan. She loved watching the surfers as we walked down the pier.



She was a little unsure of the sand at first, but she ended burying herself in it.



the end... wow, that was a lot of work.

6 comments:

Grandpa Cliff said...

Great pictures Heidi. It was a great trip and we will always have great memories of all being together. I like the younger Sword in the Stone picture. Great memories. Love, Dad

Crystal Hadlock said...

You guys should definitely take Kate to Disney next year she will love it even more. When Avery was one we went to disneyworld and she got sick too :(

Shemri and Gang said...

So cute! I love that all you sisters are wearing striped shirts. I guess great minds think alike. Kate is still gorgeous!

Caldwells said...

I am glad you posted all the pics. It looks like you guys had a blast. I love the picture of when you guys were little! Awe, those were the days. :)

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! I love family trips! All the pictures are so cute and I am glad you included them all. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

amanda bales said...

what a wonderful post!
you're a great blogger.
...
that sounds nothing like me does it?

well these are cute and i enjoy your captions and kate is a doll!
i'm excited for her little sibling:)