Tuesday, June 2, 2009

crazy week...

So I decided to do one final post to try and wrap everything up before Crew comes. (only 13 days to go!) Tammy and her kids were in town last week and we had so much going on, so here goes.
I am in love with this picture. Paul has been dying to get a bike trailer so he can take Kate on bike rides, so we finally got one last week. She loves it!
eating with cousins Hali and Brody at our Memorial day BBQ checking out the elephants at the zoo on wednesday

the three little girls getting pulled around the zoo by grandpa
family pic with the zebra (and the trash can)
Paul had worked for 7 nights straight before this, so Kate was very excited to get to play with papa.

On friday, my baby sister Amanda graduated from High School. Paul's mom watched Kate so we got a little break and all had lunch at PF Changs afterwards. Congrats Amanda! Here's the gang.


looking a little large in the sisters picture

Amanda and her buff brothers-in-law. (minus Bo)



On Saturday was my baby shower for Crew. It turned out so nice. Thanks guys!



Me and Crew's grandma Broadbent

me with Crew's great-grandma Dayton


I am so excited to dress him in all of the cute things he got. It is going to be so much fun to have a little boy.
We had 5 pregnant cousins there, so of course we had to document the bellies.

Aunt Kristine was so sweet and got Kate a little present too, so she wouldn't feel left out.

I really wanted to get a picture with Kate but she just wasn't having it. I tried to bribe her with a cupcake and a balloon, but still no success.
After the shower, my mom, dad, and all five girls went up to Park City to hang. I don't think we have done something all together without husbands and kids in like 10 years. My mom just got a new Sequoia and is so excited that she can fit all of her girls in at the same time. We spent the day shopping and then went to Red Rock for dinner. (so yummy!)
It's so weird to think that our little family is going to change so soon. Kate has been so sweet lately and is learning so much. She is going to be such a good big sister and is obsessed with babies. She has started to talk a lot more and has started putting little sentences together, like "hi baby", "more cheese", etc. She also loves to tickle toes, especially her own. She will sit and tickle toes and say "tickle tickle tickle." She hates the camera, so I can hardly ever get a real smile out of her for pictures, so I love this little pic. She was wearing Mr. Potatoe Head's hat and glasses and tounge, but I wasn't quick enough to get that one. But here she is with his glasses.

She is also obsessed with trying on everyone's shoes and she loves to wear Paul's hats. she scared me when she came out in my heels, but she actually did really well.Well, that wraps up the last little bit, so hopefully next time I post is with pictures of Crew!


6 comments:

Grandpa Cliff said...

Great post Heidi. It is amazing all of the fun things we did last week. Glad you felt well enough to enjoy it all. Now Crew can come whenever he is ready.

* Nancy * said...

Good luck with labor and the adjustments of having a little special boy around!

Kate is so cute!

ShEiLa said...

I love photos like this with lots of sisters. I come from seven sisters so I am fond of sister families.

I don't see Bo in any of the photos... he must have been working.

Good luck and bist wishes on Crew's arrival.

ToOdLeS.

Caldwells said...

Yeah Heidi! How fun! You shower looked like tons of fun. I can't wait for the little guy to arrive! :)

amanda bales said...

things i love about this post:
(in no particular order)
1. your shirt in the shower pictures--where did you find such a thing? :)
2. the trash can pic i took. and the fun you poked at it.
3. the little shout out and congrats to me and my accomplishments.
4. the quick, straightforward summary of the wonderful events!
5. your large tumtum.
6. how you actually referred to the brothers-in-law as buff..
7. hmm i can't remember the others.
loves!

Unknown said...

Super cute post Heidi! You do not look like you are about to have a baby! We hope all goes well. Can't wait to see picture!